- Ensure that communication remains open and honest
- Assist both of us in getting to the core of the situation
- Enable us together to craft solutions that can be used on a day to day basis
We are experienced in the following areas, among others:
- Governance: board orientation/training, how to building a participatory meeting, taking minutes, team building, communications, working with “personalities”.
- Planning and development: strategic planning and implementation, program assessments including measuring outcomes, organizational analysis, processes for ongoing self-assessment.
- Team building: staff assessments, retreats, short term training on communications, motivations, ethics, and more; volunteer management, assessments, orientation, rewards; board retreats focused on communications and team work.
We believe that the dedicated people doing the work of the organization already have the strengths needed to develop a more effective nonprofit organization. It is when organizations and people are forced to move in a direction that does not play to their natural strengths that Burnout happens. Our role is to work with you to identify those natural strengths and to build upon them.
We recognize that both novice nonprofit organizations and other smaller agencies have a need for affordable and experienced consulting services. We provide an opportunity for you to achieve success in a participatory setting – we don’t just consult, we teach. We will never leave you with just an invoice, but rather a set of skills and tools that you and your team can use over and over.
Not every client wants or needs the same services or support and so we custom tailor our offerings to specifically meet your challenges. DJC has four priorities: The Goal; To Educate; To Be Touched by The DJC Experience; and To Build Affinity.
- The Goal: To coach you and your team to increase your overall effectiveness with a value-centered approach to Battling Burnout.
- To Educate: Because there are many causes of Burnout, we educate organizations on the signs of Burnout and help them Battle Burnout by giving them the skills and know-how to extinguish Burnout with the purpose of increasing their effectiveness in serving their constituents.
- To Be Touched by The DJC Experience: DJC gives and encourages established clients to not only make a difference in their own lives but to make a difference in the lives of others who have not yet been touched by the DJC experience. Ask us about this.
- Build Affinity: When Burnout is no longer the driving force in your organization, you are able to focus on better serving your clients and developing relationships with funders and collaborative partners.